RACE START: MONDAY, FEB. 18TH, 2019 12PM
EAGLEQUEST LODGE–WILLOW, ALASKA
- President’s Day 100K Willow to Yentna Station Lodge & back.
- Iditasport Classic Willow to Shell Lake Lodge & back to Willow.
- Iditasport Extreme follows the Iditarod/Iron Dog route from Willow & ends in the village of McGrath, Alaska.
- Iditasport Impossible follows the Iditarod/Iron Dog route & ends in Nome, Alaska.
- The 2,000 Mile Iditasport Odyssey follows the Iditarod/Iron Dog route & ends in Fairbanks, Alaska. This is the LONGEST DISTANCE human-powered winter race in the world!!!!
To participate in these events, individuals need be prepared for below freezing temperatures–temperatures can drop to -20 Fahrenheit (-28 Celsius) or colder. Expect high winds, new snow fall, wind drifted trails and overflow. Racers need to be self-sufficient, they will carry their personal and safety gear throughout the entire event. Our race course is not on the the road system and traverses into the wilds of Alaska. Participants need to be prepared! — In the event that they need to be rescued from the race course–they may need to wait up to 24 hours in their survival gear! The race course is only accessible by snowmachines & airplanes. Skiers, bikers, and runners compete head-to-head on the Historic Iditarod Trail and Iron Dog snowmachine trail. Our events start the day after the Iron Dog race start. Iditasport’s winter events physically and mentally challenge racers. Our race course crosses wooded rolling hills/ mountains, & frozen bodies of water. All roadhouses have food and lodging available for purchase. All tent checkpoints are propane-heated & have hot water available and a place to rest. Racers are required to carry GPS locators (except for 100K).
The Iditasport Original and The Extreme are difficult events, and many will not finish. When you do cross the finish line, you will have accomplished a feat that few ever will and earn the coveted Iditasport Ulu trophy!
The World Class Athletes who finish The Iditasport Impossible or The Odyssey will receive a custom Iditasport Gold Pan trophy!
Updates are found on Facebook